If the address in your Aadhar card has gone wrong and you want to correct it, this news will come in handy. Here we will tell you the complete process through which you will correct the address in the Aadhar card in a few minutes sitting at home.
How to update the address in Aadhar card
- To update the address in the Aadhar card, visit the official website of UIDAI at uidai.gov.in.
- You will get the option of My Aadhar on the home page. Click on that
- Click here to go to Address Validation Letter
- Now a new page will open on your screen
- Log in here by entering your 12 digit Aadhaar number
- Submit ‘Captcha Code’ for verification
- After doing this, tap on Send OTP
- Now OTP will come on your registered mobile number, enter it
- After this verification, you will receive the Service Request Number (SRN) through SMS
- Now you log in with ‘SRN’. After that preview, the address and edit the address entered in the local language as per the requirement.
- Now tick the declaration and click on submit button
- Edit the address entered in the local language and click on the Save button
- Once again, tick the declaration and click on submit the request
- Address validation letter with a code will be sent to your address via post.
- Go to the official website of UIDAI and click on the link Proceed to Update Address
- Now login with Aadhaar number and select the ‘Update Address via Secret Code’ option
- Preview the new address by entering the secret code and click on the ‘Submit’ button.