What Is Fastag: The most significant advantage of using Fastag is that it does not require long lines on toll plazas. Also, due to the convenience of payment, no one needs to keep cash with them.
There is an electronic toll collection technology which is on the toll plaza of the National Highway. This tag is placed on the vehicle’s windscreen so that the sensor on the toll plaza can read it. The device uses radio frequency identification technology. The toll charge is automatically cut when a vehicle passes through the fastag lane at the toll plaza. Vehicles do not have to be stopped for this. How To Check Fastag Balance is activated for 5 years. It just has to be recharged on time.
An “Electronic Toll Collection” (ETC) system has been introduced in India by the “National Highway Authority of India” to solve the problems of toll collection systems at toll plazas. The Electronic Toll Collection System or Fastag Scheme was first introduced in India in 2014, which is gradually being implemented above the toll plazas. With the help of the Fastag system, you will get rid of the hassles caused while paying toll tax in the toll plaza. With the use of Fastag, you will pay your toll plaza tax in the toll plaza non-stop. You will have to put fastag on your arm. You can tag this to any official tag issuer, such as Paytm from all nationalized banks, etc.
What are the benefits of Fastag?
- This makes you cross the toll plaza quickly because you do not have to stop for payment.
- The risk of pandemic and infection is minimal due to non-stop payment.
- All the facilities provided by cashless payment are also available here, which proves to be a big step towards creating Digital India.
- Since it is a cashless payment, it reduces the scope of rigging.
- Your vehicle consumes less time, fuel and pollution is also reduced.
Who needs it?
New vehicle owners do not have to worry about the fastag. The reason is that these will be made available at the time of registration. The owner has to activate and recharge the Fastag account. However, if you have an old car, you can buy Fastag from those banks which are authorized by the government’s National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program. These banks include Syndicate Bank, Axis Bank, IDFC Bank, HDFC Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, and Equitas Bank. You can also buy Fastag from Paytm.
What is the procedure?
1. To open a Fastag prepaid account, visit the bank’s online Fastag application website. It is not necessary to have a relationship with the bank for online application for the Fastag account.
2. Fill in personal details like name, address, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, etc.
3. Enter KYC document details (driving license, PAN card, passport, voter ID card, or Aadhaar card).
4. Enter vehicle registration details. Vehicle registration refers to the Registration Certificate (RC) number of the vehicle.
5. Upload a scanned copy of all required documents. These include KYC documents, one passport size photo of the vehicle owner and RC. After applying, your Fastag account will be created. You can access your Fastag account online or through the Fastag app. You can recharge your Fastag account using a credit card/debit card / NEFT / RTGS or through net banking. The maximum amount to be recharged is Rs 1 lakh.