We all know that nowadays, everything has started happening through the digital medium. In such a situation, the telecom industry has also been digitized. And now, instead of regular SIM, companies have started offering eSIM, which you can download and use directly on your smartphone. E- Because of SIM, you do not usually need SIM.
Advantages and disadvantages of E-SIM
Explain that companies like Jio, Airtel, and Vi (Vodafone-Idea) are giving customers the facility to buy e-SIM. The most significant advantage of e-sim is that e-sim can be purchased in minutes if you travel abroad. On the other hand, if you have a physical SIM card, you will have to change the SIM by going to the store, which will also be a waste of time.
There is no fear of losing e-sim
Its other advantage is that you are not afraid of losing it. Because you do not require any Physical SIM, Simultaneously, if you talk about its loss, e-SIM is more expensive than a regular SIM card. Apart from this, there are only a few smartphones that support e-SIM.
How to get e-sim card
If you want to get an e-SIM of the company of Vi, you have to subscribe to its postpaid plan. At the same time, if you are already a postpaid user, you can convert your standard SIM to e-SIM. Let us know that this service Vi is currently available in Mumbai, Gujarat, Delhi, Maharashtra, and Goa.
If you talk about Jio, then getting the SIM of both Jio and Vi is the same. You have to go to the company’s store. After this, you have to fill the KYC form. You will get an e-SIM. However, for this, you have to have an e-SIM supported device. At the same time, if you are an Airtel user and want to convert your regular SIM into E-SIM, then you will have to send an SMS to 121 for this.
Now you are only 3 steps away from activating your eSIM (Airtel)
Step 1: Convert your Physical SIM to eSIM or existing eSIM to eSIM
For converting your physical SIM to eSIM or existing eSIM to eSIM, there are a few steps which you would need to go through:
1. For initiation of the process, SMS eSIM<>registered email id to 121
2. A) If your email id is valid, you will receive a SMS from 121, confirming initiation of the process. You would need to reply back with “1” to confirm the eSIM change request within 60 sec.
B) If your email id is invalid, you will receive a SMS from 121, asking you to re-initiate the process with the correct email id, will also guide you on how to update the email id.
3. Post receiving the confirmation sent by you for step”2″, you will receive another SMS from 121 asking you to provide a consent over a call, failing which the SIM change request will get cancelled.
4. After providing your consent on the call, you will receive a final SMS from 121, regarding the QR Code which you will receive on your registered
Step 2: QR Code received on your
registered email id after completion
of Step 1
After the Step 1 is complete, you would receive a QR Code
on your registered email id. The eSIM activation would take
around 2 hours, please scan the QR Code immediately upon
receipt.Your existing SIM will continue to work during this period.
Step 3: Scan the QR Code received on your registered email id
QR Code Scanning – Apple
Please follow the below instructions for scanning your QR Code:
Click on “Settings” > Select “Mobile Data” > Click on “Add Data Plan” > “Scan QR code” received on mail (Ensure phone is connected to mobile data/Wi-Fi while scanning) > Label eSim (Under “Label for your new plan” Section).
Other Important Points for
activating your eSIM
1. The QR code is unique and is applicable for just one time use on one device only. Once scanned, please ensure you complete the process of adding the Carrier.
2. Customer should not select “Delete” option from the eSIM settings as this will permanently delete the eSIM profile
If QR code email is not received / QR code scanning process is aborted mid-way, please send the below mentioned SMS to avoid disconnection of physical SIM.
- NESIM to 52212 (for prepaid numbers in Andhra Pradesh,
Telangana, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka)
- NESIM to 51619 (for prepaid numbers in rest of the India)
- Do not select “Delete” option from the eSIM settings as this will permanently delete the eSIM profile. If you have unknowingly removed it and your physical SIM is still active please SMS NESIM as specified above to avoid disconnection of your physical SIM.
- In case you do not get an email with QR Code within 30
min or you abort the scanning process midway, please
SMS NOSIM to 121 to avoid disconnection
of your physical SIM.
- Do not select “Delete” option from the eSIM settings
as this will permanently delete the eSIM profile. If you
have unknowingly removed it and your physical SIM
is still active please SMS NOSIM to 121 to avoid
disconnection of your physical SIM.
The eSIM will be activated in approx. 2 hours, please scan the QR Code immediately upon receipt. During this period, the physical SIM will continue to work.